Posts tagged apple
In honor of our week long friends & family 30% off sale, we decided to ask some of our nearest and dearest what they’d like to give or get this year.
who: Alison Rosen, writer, humorist and pop culture expert.
claim to fame: Aside from sharing her witticisms daily on the Adam Carolla Show, the Guinness World Records number one most downloaded podcast, Alison is also an established journalist who has written for Rolling Stone, The NY Post, Spin, Maxim, The Village Voice, People and Seventeen.
her gift list:
1. tarte limited-edition brush set: “I’m always digging around my makeup case for my brushes. How I would love to have 6 full-size, high quality brushes in their own chic, portable case!” *Pssst, tartelettes! Because of our friends & family sale, these have almost sold out — get yours while supplies last!
2. Apple iPad 2: “I’m still (un)proudly rocking an iPad 1, but I covet the iPad 2 because you can record videos on it with the built in camera”
3. In Fifty Years We’ll All Be Chicks by Adam Carolla: “Yes, my boss wrote this book, but even if Adam weren’t my boss I’d still give this book as a gift because it’s hilarious.”
4. GHD Hair Straightener: “I’ve been wanting one of these flat irons ever since I heard some women with envy-inducing tresses talking them up on New Year’s last year. I’ve basically spent a year wanting one. It’s no way to live!”
5. Crate & Barrel Calais cabinet : “Look at this cabinet. Just look at it! It’s beautiful.”
6. The Facts of Life, The Complete First and Second Seasons: “It remains my favorite TV show ever.”
7. Voluspa Candle: “I received this candle as a gift a couple years ago and have been in love with the brand ever since. My favorite scent is Santiago Huckleberry but they all smell great and the tins are beautiful.”
8. Keurig Coffee Brewer: “Convenient, fun and perfect for a person like me who drinks 8 to 10 cups of coffee per hour. Once you get one of these you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one and you’ll be mad you did.”
Summer may be coming to a close, but there are still a few beach days to enjoy before sweater season starts. To maximize what’s left of the warm weather, we asked Maureen to spill the contents of her bag and clue us in on what items she considers summer necessities.
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16 GB – Apple iOS 4 1 GHz in white
Klean Kanteen eco-friendly water bottle
Vintage purple scarf, from Brazil
The Bag: MICHAEL Michael Kors Santorini large straw basket
What are you packing in your purse? Share your handbag must-haves with us on Facebook.
The holiday season is a time to catch up with family & friends! Whether I’m traveling to visit relatives or having a phone date with my bff, I love hearing holiday shopping stories (the good & the ugly!) and seeing some of their favorite gifts. Speaking of presents, I’m still going through my long list of what to get some people in my life. I always try to buy meaningful gifts; ultimately, something that person will truly appreciate.
For those like me, I found the greatest gift for that eco-conscious person in your crew: bioserie iPhone biodegradable covers. bioserie uses the latest in bioplastics technology; offering less greenhouse gas emissions in manufacturing and the prevention of environmental toxic pollution once the cover is discarded. Essentially, bioserie is transforming annually renewable plant material into an iPhone cover that is slim, strong and stylish. This biobased phone accessory is made of plants not petrochemicals! And they have covers in an assortment of colors for not only the iPhone, but also the iPad, iTouch and iPod.
That said: it’s green giveaway time! We’re giving away 2 bundles of bioserie’s bioplastic covers valued at $99.85:
- iPhone 4 case (white: $34.95)
- iPhone 3G/3Gs (purple: $34.95)
- iPod nano 5 G (green: $29.95)
Keep one for you and give the others as gifts!! All you have to do to enter is tell us how you’re being eco-conscious this holiday season! Post your responses here and enter to win!! We’ll reveal winners on Wed, 12/15.