Posts tagged holidays
Have you been anxiously looking down your holiday gift list, knowing that some of those names will be expecting some very chic, glamorous gifts and you don’t have a clue where to get them? Stop stressing; we’ve tapped the tarte team, and some of our most fashionable nearest and dearest to curate a comprehensive selection of incredible holiday gifts. Whatever type of girl you’re shopping for, we got the perfect present for her.
First up, Candace, tarte’s director of communications. The glamorous new mommy is known around the office for eloquence, efficiency and sleek fashion savvy. Here are her top selects this holiday. More >
The holidays are here…and you’re still gift shopping?
First, relax. Then shake off that last-minute pressure, we’ve got you covered. We’ve tapped some of the keenest shoppers and most creative people we know in order to put together these unique gift guides filled with presents that are sure to please everyone on your list!
who: Sheila Kenny, owner of Right On! PR
claim to fame: Sheila runs specialized press campaigns for musicians and artists. Sheila’s a veteran in the PR field who earned her chops while working with the likes of Feist, !!!, Broken Social Scene, Tegan and Sara, Tokyo Police Club, Stars, and whose current clients include Matt & Kim, Eugene Mirman, Reggie Watts, Marc Maron, The Wooden Birds and more.
1. tarte™ neutralEYES eye shadow palette: ”I love everything about this tarte eye shadow palette. From the subtle to sparkly shadows, to the beyond cool case — this is the bomb! Of course tarte mascara in its very awesome, easy-to-handle case is the best accompaniment!”
2. Instyler :”I’m a klutz when it comes to trying to give myself a sleek blowout. The Instyler is literally a magic wand. I’ve wanted one since borrowing my mom’s on a visit last year.”
3. See’s Toffee-ettes: ”These candies are unbelievably delicious and an always-win! Great as a holiday hostess gift, a treat to take to a party, or have a tin on hand for drop-ins. They are also highly addictive — you have been warned!”
4. Something from Pearl River: ”I love this NYC store. It has amazing dishes, textiles, housewares…seriously just all kinds of wondrous imports. For the hard-to-buy-for person on your list, Pearl River is your source and they even have an online store!”
5. Bar Glasses from Hotel San Jose: ”Hotel San Jose is a great Austin hotspot. Enjoying a drink on their poolside patio is fun and feels special whether you’re visiting the city or living here. I love these glasses and they come packaged in a cool wooden box.”
6. Waxman Candles: ”Waxman candles are all handmade and started in one of my favorite places, Lawrence, Kansas. Their votives are delicious and they always have fun seasonal and one-of-a-kind candles. I love giving these as much as I love buying them for myself! My favorite scents are Spa and Pear Vanilla.”
Here are our December 15th QVC 24 hour hourly puttin’ on the glitz limited-edition color collection & clutch giveaway winners!
See your twitter handle on the list? Congratulations! You watched, you tweeted and you won!
12am – @everywheresafe
1am – @kholguin
2am – @HLCarle
3am – @PrettyNelly_1
4am – @sls517
5am – @FiveOLicious
6am – @thehappyone
7am – @glitz_glam0ur
8am – @LuLu_Brown24
9am – @_Pretty_Pisces
10am – @zhaskewl
11am – @misskimmmmmm
12pm – @mollygirl77
1pm – @itskathleeeen
2pm – @tickingsal
3pm – @kelliechio
4pm – @gorjess07
5pm – @diandraN26
6pm – @ramaal83
7pm – @MrsBel_P
8pm – @dropastitch
9pm – @picatasi
10pm – @JPScraps
11pm – @MOM4EVEREVER
Once you’ve received your palette, be sure share photos with us. We love to see what looks you create!
Happy holidays tartelettes!
The holidays are a big deal here at the tarte office, and before we close up shop to join our families for Thanksgiving we want to share with you what makes us thankful this year.
I’m thankful for my two beautiful boys, my amazing husband and the fact that I get to spend this holiday with my family — they are so important to me. I’m also thankful that over the past year tarte has introduced me to so many incredible people — from all of you tartelettes out there, to the newest additions to our tarte team! Happy holidays!
-Maureen Kelly, tarte Founder and CEO
I’m thankful for my health. Last week I was ill with bronchitis, on the verge of pneumonia. With the help of medication, hydration, rest and some good ole family lovin’ in the sunny state of Florida I’m feeling much better (almost back to my running self)! Good health always leads to happiness!
-Candace, Director of Communications and Market Strategy
I’m thankful for the frequent flier miles that will get me home to see my family in Germany this year, for my amazing friends here in the US, and the fact that pumpkin spiced flavored coffee is back on the menu for at least another couple months.
-Koryn, Community Manager
I’m thankful for the journey (NYC>BOS) to the destination (Thanksgiving at my parents’ home). My friend and I are taking the lousiest bus in New York for the 5+ hour road trip but we’re wearing comfy clothes, drinking spiked hot chocolates, and watching the Family Stone on his laptop. I’m almost as excited for the trip as I am for my mom’s cookin’!
-Jenna, Creative Marketing Manager
I’m thankful for how life can totally surprise you in the greatest of ways…and always when you’re least expecting it! This year I am most grateful for my new NYC apartment with my awesome boyfriend, my new job here at tarte, and the amazing new friends I have made because of it all. I’m feeling like a very lucky girl this holiday season!
-Ali, Director of Package Development
I’m thankful for 2011 in general. Thanks to my wonderful family, friends and fiancé for making it a great year. Here’s to a wonderful Holiday Season!
-Kim, Accounting Analyst
I am thankful for the opportunity to live in New York City and work at tarte! I have always had a passion for makeup, beauty, and public relations, so when this position opened up, I went for it! Living in the city has opened my eyes to a whole new culture of people and experiences I only dreamed of!
-Farrah, Public Relations Intern
I’m thankful for my friends and family. Moving back to New York has brought me closer to both and I’ve never been happier. I’ve met so many amazing people (including my boyfriend!) who will always have my back and make me smile everyday.
-Bianca, Graphic Designer
All that glitters…I’m in love with it all! I have touched on the sequin trend in the past, but this holiday season sparkle seems to appear everywhere. From leggings and tuxedo jackets to tarte lipglosses, what better way to be completely festive than with some extra shimmer to turn heads. I spent some quality time ravaging through the options and picked out my faves. Whomever you are buying for this year (even if it’s treating yourself) reach for one of these totally gorgeous, totally dazzling finds!
Tarte crown jewels lipgloss set (dazzling divas) $39
Express sequin leggings $98
Trina Turk ‘Kathleen’ sequin cardigan $223
Kate Spade “El Morocco LauraLee’ sequin bag $375
DKNY ‘Sweetheart’ dress $375
Erica Anenberg Twosome™ ring $144
No worries, darlings, Mimi is the blogger who will save chic Christmas…or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa. (I’m très P.C.) Well, I’m playing Not-So-Secret Santa and giving you all you need to don truly gay apparel this Jingle Bell season.
1. You are Ebenezer Scrooge if this Isaac Mizrahi Two-Tone Velvet pump does not make you absolutely giddy. That eggplant on crimson is sartorially sinful.
2. I love Corpus’ Velvet Moto jacket because it puts a casual edge on this typically evening fabric. VroomVroomVelvet!
3. A.Wang has done it again with this perfect tough/soft-chic Velvet&Leather jacket
4. This Foley+Corinna Velvet Trim vest is the supreme style for the Tartelette just dabbling in the fabric. I’d amp up the sexy factor with sizzling liquid leggings.
5. Joie Velvet leggings
6. Nothing combats velvet’s “Old Granny” rep like this Free People micro-mini with its funky paisley print!
7. Gryphon Velvet Smoking Jacket
8. The patent and velvet on these Silver Way Oxfords is the best unexpected combo since Chrismukkah.
9. Who better to up the chic ante of the dreaded velvet headband than Mr. Jacobs? This Marc by Marc Jacobs Velvet Bow Headband is the perfect quirky touch to traditional Holiday fashions.
10. BCBG Max Azria Velvet Romper
Ok, Tartelettes, no more velvet vexing! It’s time for you to deck the halls with boughs of chicness
I’m extra excited for Christmas this year because I’m putting up a tree for the first time in years!! I am starting from scratch but so far I’ve gotten some really beautiful ornaments and a super-sparkly tree topper. My monogrammed tree skirt is on its way – haha! I can’t wait to pick the perfect tree this weekend – that is if my husband and I can settle our difference between a real or a fake one… -Heather