Posts tagged LipSurgence Lip Tint
The beautiful Kate Bosworth arrived at the premiere of L!fe Happens not only wearing a gorgeous pink number, but also decked out in tarte. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine wanted to give her a look that would compliment her hot pink Richard Nicoll dress. She “opted for a simple and soft look to highlight Kate’s natural beauty.” She incorporated delicate pops of pink on her cheeks and lips. Following Amy’s easy steps, there’s no reason why you can’t replicate Kate’s look at home!
- To begin Amy applied tarte’s smooth operator™ tinted moisturizer in agent 04 all over Kate’s skin with a foundation brush.
- For the area below her eyes, she used tarte’s new maracuja creaseless concealer in light.
- She then used tarte’s smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder in bronze as a contour on the hollows of the cheek
- For a subtle glow, she used tarte’s natural cheek stain in blissful, a warm peachy-pink, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in dollface for a hint of pink.
- To ensure that her look lasted through the evening, Amy used tarte’s lifted natural eyelid primer.
- Using the new tarte™ for True Blood™ limited-edition palette, Amy applied charmer (sparkling burnt copper/golden peach) in the crease and dawn (shimmering gold dust) all over the lid.
- For volume and separation on her upper lashes, Amy used tarte’s gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To frame Kate’s eyes, Amy used tarte’s emphasEYES brow high definition eyebrow pencil in medium brown (one shade darker).
- To complete Kate’s “pretty in pink” look, Amy used tarte’s LipSurgence lip tint in amused (bright pink) on her pout.
What tarte products are you wearing on your “red carpet”?
Hot for Holidays! Tarte asked professional lifestyle photographer Tamara Lackey for her tips on how to look your best in photographs this season.
The holiday season presents opportunities galore for photo taking and we all want to look our best in the moment. As a photographer, I’m used to throwing out hints to my subjects about how they can look better in front of the camera and teaching them simple tips and tricks to get picture-ready. And the great thing about helping you tartlettes look your best in photographs is that there are so many awesome tarte cosmetics that can help step up your look through a camera lens! Day-to-day – and definitely at photo shoots – I’m never caught without the aqua-gel eyeliner, LipSurgence lip tint stick (I’m a “Moody” lover), and the mineral powder bronzer that I cannot live without.
- Whichever products are your favorite, be sure to carry something to help brighten your eyes, cheeks and lips – even a quick re-apply will help brighten your face and help you look fresh in pictures.
- For events that you know will have a lot of photo action, opt for matte finish. Shine is exaggerated by the small but super bright point-and-shoot camera flash and even a little bit of “glow” can end up looking oily.
- If you’re applying lip-gloss right before a photo, try to rub your lips together a bit or even blot them slightly with a napkin. Extra-shiny lips can look be overly reflective and look distracting with flash.
- Smooth don’t scrunch your hair! The instinct is to fluff up but this often makes hair look messy. Run a smooth hand over your hair for a put together look!
- When standing, do some creative posing for the most flattering results. Here’s a few suggestions:
- Always stand at an angle to the camera with one foot crossed in front of the other
- A hand on the waistline can also help create definition
- I always have my subjects stick their chin out and down just a hint. It might feel a bit awkward, but this will give you great facial definition for any photo taken from the front
- Lean forward slightly at the waist also and definitely avoid leaning backwards! It will make a world of difference
- Choose timeless over trendy when selecting an outfit. Avoid anything with a lot of logo’s or anything that is so “it this moment” that when the moment passes the photo will look dated.
Now that you’re ready for this holiday seasons photo taking opportunities, I am also excited to offer a giveaway to 3 tartelettes who chime in with their own great ideas on how to take photographs that your friends won’t want to de-tag later! We’ll select three winners and send them each a Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography Gift Set, with our new DVD, Book, and On-the-Go Quick Reference Guide. Feel free to keep it for yourself or give it away as a gift.
What are some of your ideas?
Tamara Lackey is a professional lifestyle photographer with more than a decade of experience capturing life’s moments beautifully. Also a long-time vegetarian and animal-lover, Tamara uses Tarte in support of our mission to create cosmetics that cause no harm to animals and contain no synthetic dyes or added fragrance.
*Need a great add on gift for someone getting a new point and shoot camera or SLR, this Holiday season? “Tamara Lackey’s, Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography” DVD and book will show them how to turn their everyday snapshots into little works of art. On the go? The quick reference guide and iPhone App will show you tips and tricks fast when you are photographing on the move.