Posts tagged giving back
On Tuesday night tarte had the honor of being a part of Fashion Delivers’ Pay It Fashion Forward event. If you haven’t heard of Fashion Delivers, it is a non-profit charitable foundation that was created to help Hurricane Katrina victims. Fashion Deliver’s mission is to mobilize the fashion community to reach out and affect the world through their donations. These donations provide relief and dignity to women, men, families and survivors of natural disasters. Since Katrina the organization has continued its admirable philanthropy and the fashion community has donated over $65 million dollars to natural disaster victims. Once a year Fashion Delivers host a Pay It Fashion Forward event to raise money for the freight costs for the delivery of goods.
This year Fashion Delivers concentrated its efforts on Haiti relief. Hosted by HBO stars Brian Greenberg and Emmanuelle Chriqui, Pay It Fashion Forward honored industry leaders who have had positive influences on their communities and environment at the Lucky Strike lanes in NYC. One of the event sponsors,
Forever21, was kind enough to bring tarte’s artistry team on board to create the beauty looks for the fashion show, which took place during the event. The tarte team had a blast and loved every second of being part of such a great cause. All of the event proceeds will subsidize the shipping costs of the $25 million dollars worth of product collected for Haiti!
We hope you enjoy our pictures & if you are in the NYC area next year you can purchase tickets for the event at Fashion Deliver’s website (http://www.fashiondelivers.org/). Please check out our video on tarte TV for clips from the fun-filled evening!
This holiday season make a change—gift beyond your family & friends. Look for products that donate a portion (or all) of proceeds to a worthy cause. I’m trying to make a conscious effort to choose items that help make it merry for everyone! What’s that saying again? Oh yes, “Tis better to give than receive.” Here are some ideas to get you started!
– The FEED 3 Bear is made from 100% plush organic cotton and natural burlap. This snuggle buddy is perfect for your little one and like all FEED products—it’s their goal to sell as many FEED 3 bears as possible to FEED and educate the world’s 400 million hungry children. “Nut,” the FEED 3 bear, will provide Plumpy’Nut® for 3 children through Industrial Revelation.
– tarte’s t5™ super fruit complex is found in many products including our cult fave, natural cheek stain. With the purchase of any tarte product containing t5™, tarte will donate proceeds to the Sustainable Amazon Partnership (SAP)—helping to preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest stewardship, improved living conditions and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil.
– The Retro Green Scooter is a sleek ride for any 3-to-5 year old & proceeds from every purchase are donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
– For the stylista, the ‘Nana’ ring from H.E.L.P’s Panthera Collection is a generous gift that benefits nutritional education in Malawi.
– My personal favorite is from Heart U Back. Their cord adjustable bracelet (think very Links of London) comes in a ton of colors (I picked up red) and mixes in perfect with the rest of your stackables. The best part, Heart U Back promises $125,000 in proceeds to the ASPCA.