Posts tagged amazonian clay 12-hour blush
Nothing brightens up your face like a swipe of blush! But when it comes to finding the perfect shade, it’s important to consider your skin tone. Sure you love the way a swath of neon pink looks on an olive-toned runway model, but can that really work for you? While super saturated pigments tend to work best for darker and fairer skin tones, light, pinky hues are perfect for those with fair skin; they may get lost on darker complexions.
But fear not tartlettes, we created the ultimate blush guide. We‘ve broken it down by skin tone (fair, medium and deep) to help you find the perfect hue to match your complexion! And don’t be afraid to mix and match – that’s what makeup is for, right?! More >
It may just be the season, hello V-Day, but we love the bursts of pink and flashes of red suddenly popping up on every sidewalk in New York City. Whether you’re in the mood for love, or you just want to shake off the dark, dull colors of winter, sporting a key fashion piece from the rose to rouge color spectrum is must this February. And really, is there a better month to pair a fuchsia purse or a pair of candy apple sunnies with beautifully flushed cheeks or a bright red pout? More >
We’re partnering with YouTube beauty guru, Holly Ann-AeRee and YOU to support Young Survival Coalition during Breast Cancer Awareness month. Watch Holly’s video below, and enter here for a chance to win this amazing hope for a cure pink package and help us support young women with breast cancer.
Still haven’t stocked-up on your back to school necessities? No worries, we’ve wrangled two of our favorite beauty and lifestyle gurus, Tracy and Stefanie from Eleventh Gorgeous, to give you their foolproof tips on starting the new semester in style.
Plus, check out their back to school ‘what’s in my backpack’ video and learn how to get 20% off tarte.com.
Would you wear sweatpants or jeans to class and why?
Tracy: My go-to outfit would be jeans, a cute top, and sandals. If I’m running late, I’d wear yoga pants and a t-shirt and throw my hair up in a ponytail. More >
To begin Stephen used tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof concealer in medium to even out Hailee’s complexion.He then used tarte’s airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush to buff in Hailee’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in medium to create a flawless complexion.
-Stephen used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in exposed, a warm nude, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
-He started by applying tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in plum smoke on her lids.
-To add further definition, he used tarte’s smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in bronze as a shadow along Hailee’s lash line to make her eyes pop.
-He finished by lining her eyes with tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliner in black.
-For extra volume Stephen applied two coats of tarte’s lights, camera lashes!™ 4-in-1 clinically-proven mascara.
This week we’re scoping out Celeste’s space. She’s tarte’s retail operations and logistics associate — she makes sure that the right products make it into the right hands at exactly the right time.
Aside from being a logistical mastermind, she’s a true girly-girly and genuine southern belle. Need proof, just check out her desk:
2. Press hits: “I love seeing our products in beauty and fashion magazines — my friends text me saying tarte is everywhere this month!”
3. Family picture: “This my dad and me at the Swan Ball. I’m a Nashville native; I miss home all the time.”
4. Inspiration Board: “I keep folders of images that I love and occasionally print out a particularly spectacular one to add to my collection.”
5. A print out of a portrait of her grandmother Celeste Casey Reed: “‘Cecy’ was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She looks so elegant and glamorous here — Ann Street of Nashville did this portrait.”
6. Flash drives: “Remember that famous Sex and the City conversation ‘When was the last time you backed up?’ I save everything important on flash drives, it’s too easy to lose things these days.”
7. tarte picture perfect™ eyelash curler: “I can’t use any other curler. This one is the best.”
8. Sparkling water or seltzer: “This is a must have for me. I love to add lemons to regular seltzer or just buy the flavored ones. They’re refreshing and delicious.”
9. A wooden lady bug: “Whenever some of the tarte team goes on business aboard, they’ll bring us back souvenirs. This lady bug was part of a little paper holder that said ‘you smell’ – typical professional behavior! I think its been on my keyboard for 4 years now.”
What’s on your desk?
Let us show you how to use two or more tarte products from the same color family — with the same names– to create the perfect makeup look, or as we call it, the monochromatic face.
Products you’ll need:
At tarte we pride ourselves on using only the best ingredients to make the healthiest, most powerful and beautiful cosmetics we can. And every now and then, a little recognition is nice, but we were truly flattered to learn that InStyle magazine has listed — not just one — but four of our products as Best Beauty Buys of 2012: our maracuja blush and glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint, our LipSurgence™ lip tints, our Amazonian clay 12-hour blush and our Amazonian clay matte waterproof mineral powder bronzer in park ave princess.
“Debra said she wanted knock-em-dead eyes. She wanted a super smoky dramatic look, so we made it all about glamorous eyes, and accentuated them with a shiny, natural nude gloss on the lips.” – Jeannia Robinette, celebrity makeup artist
- To begin, Jeannia used tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, applied with tarte’s new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
- She added a touch of sheen with tarte’s new maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in candlelight on the tops of her cheekbones and around her temples
- She then used Amazonian clay bronzer in park ave princess to contour the hollows of her cheeks.
- To make her cheekbones pop, she used tarte’s new Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff a warm nude with a touch of shimmer, on the apples of her cheeks and along her cheekbones.
- She lined the inner rims of the eyes with tarte’s emphasEYES™ high-definition inner rim eyeliner black pencil
- Then she smudged smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in golden black along the lash line, followed by smolderEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in olive, which added the perfect hint of green to complement her earrings.
- She followed by tapping on Amazonian clay cream shadow in shimmering moss to set the look and strike the perfect balance of black and green.
- For loads of volume and dramatic separation on her upper lashes, Jeannia used two coats of tarte’s light, camera, lashes! clinically-proven mascara, which made her eyes pop.