Join the tarte team
At tarte™, we believe in high-performance and natural. Join the revolution & help us break down beauty boundaries!
director of diversity, equity & inclusion
NEW YORK, NY
tarte is seeking a Director of DE&I to lead the development and implementation of our company’s DE&I strategy and roadmap. As a cosmetics company, we’re dedicated to creating a workplace, culture, marketing planning and products that reflect our integrity and values of respect and inclusivity. The Director will provide thought leadership, vision, guidance and counsel to leadership and employees and work in close partnership with HR to develop, implement and monitor programs that champion and support our DE&I goals, short and long term, both internally and externally. This role will be responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive DE&I strategy that fosters an inclusive culture, drives innovation, and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of the business. This position will be based in our NYC office in a hybrid capacity.
- Advocate and uphold consistent integrity in our DE&I commitments, policies and priorities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive DE&I strategy that aligns with the company’s mission and values and promotes those values in the company’s interactions with retail partners, marketing and brand partners and consumers.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to create and implement initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization and ensure successful execution of DE&I strategy.
- Partner with HR to identify, create & implement DE&I focused learning and development programs for all employees, as well as ensure ongoing and progressive learning to support building understanding, awareness, empathy and connectivity.
- Influence through educating and acting as change agent for the organization.
- Partner cross functionally to create and execute experiential learnings to foster a culture of inclusion that prioritizes diversity of thought and action.
- Set, monitor and analyze DE&I metrics and insights to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of our programs and initiatives.
- Prepare and share results, KPI’s and outcomes with leadership for ongoing updates and evaluation of our strategy and progress of initiatives.
- Project manage DE&I workstreams and prepare ongoing company communication with key updates, progress and priorities.
- Develop and cultivate meaningful external partnerships to implement action plans ongoing that support our DE&I initiatives.
- Partner with legal to ensure hiring and employee-related policies are inclusive and equitable and legally compliant.
- Create a DE&I task force to support initiatives, act as ambassadors of programs and collect ongoing feedback to continue to strengthen our planning.
- Conduct an annual review of DE&I efforts.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role addressing DE&I issues, successfully advancing strategic DE&I initiatives and programs.
- DE&I leadership role, successfully advancing strategic DE&I initiatives and programs.
- Proven ability to think strategically around DE&I and ability to plan and execute meaningful, impactful results.
- Strong knowledge & understanding of DE&I principles, best practices, trends, and industry benchmarks.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying goals, creating & implementing successful DE&I programs and initiatives with measurable outcomes.
- Strong analytical and assessment skills & ability to synthesize data, pull key insights into actionable plans.
- Proven ability to develop & maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership & management skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Ability to influence key partners & get results through strong collaboration.
- Trusted partner and advisor who embodies empathy, collaborative spirit, curiosity, open mindedness, desire for progress and learning, and a genuine passion to create and foster inclusive supportive workplace cultures where everyone feels valued.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, excellent attention to detail and action oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Passion for connecting teams, & ability to build understanding and create open, safe environments for people to share; ability to engage in matters that require sensitivity and empathy across the tarte company and community.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Beauty & cosmetics experience is a plus.
Salary range: $150,000- $220,000 (compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill level, relevant work experience & education)
NEW YORK, NY
We are searching for a skilled beauty photo retoucher to join our in-house content team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for retouching photos of products and models to ensure they are accurate in design and color, visually appealing, high-quality, and aligned with brand standards. The photo retoucher will work closely with content and design teams to deliver images that accurately reflect product details and campaign deliverables.
- Use editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom to manipulate images, including but not limited to: Color correction, beauty retouching (must be expert retoucher for macro shots of skin, eyes, lips) adjusting lighting, silhouetting out a subject (isolating from a background), adding/removing shadows, compositing images–or parts of images–together to create one cohesive asset, enhancing overall visual appeal, retouch product images using photos of comp components and fills (pans, press, liquid, swatches etc).
- Work closely with the content and design teams to ensure all images meet their requirements and accurately reflect the brand and product goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of edited images, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Utilize a light box, in person when necessary, for true color perception and accuracy in the editing process.
- Crop & Size images correctly for multiple use options including high resolution printing and web.
- Organize, rename, and resize image files properly into a variety of internal servers, Dropbox and more.
- Maintain a strong understanding of current photo retouching trends and techniques to keep up with industry standards.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Photography, Graphic Design, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a photo retoucher, preferably in the beauty or fashion industry.
- Proven experience, with a portfolio of retouched images to showcase.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- A keen eye for detail, with the ability to identify and fix imperfections in photos without over correcting.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of web and print assets, including working with both color modes (RGB vs CMYK).
- Familiarity with the beauty industry and trends is a plus.
Salary range: $60,000-70,000 (compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill level, relevant work experience & education)
senior manager, key accounts
full-time, senior manager
NEW YORK, NY
tarte is seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join the North America retail team to oversee the Ulta Beauty account. This role will report to the Executive Director of Retail Sales & Marketing and will be responsible for all needs related to Ulta Beauty and Ulta Beauty at Target businesses.
- Own relationship with retailer partners at Ulta Beauty and Ulta Beauty at Target to proactively develop 360-degree programs that promote sell-through of new launches; continuous partnership across internal and external cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with executive director and KAM team on retailer business development strategy
- Liaise directly with account partners and trade marketing team to execute all day-to-day marketing activities related to in store and online businesses
- Develop and manage the customer partnership through strong relationship and communication, status and strategy meetings, & day to day execution
- Identify business opportunities through long term strategic planning, continuous feedback and results reporting back to teams
- Oversee execution and manage deadlines and due dates of retailer assets, promotions, merchandising, and promotional calendar for timely delivery to key accounts
- Represent and advocate retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, social media, planning, product development and education
- Drive sell-in of new launches, track timing of stock and analyze business performance by account on a weekly basis proposing recommendations to drive retail sales
- Manage seasonal retail product assortments and updates for core, limited life and digital. Manage assortment file and tracker.
- Manage retailer merchandising updates, timelines and deadlines. Analyze sales for merchandising changes/update recommendations, partner with visual merchandising on seasonal updates and manage merch reference file. Communicate changes for internal/external assortment updates.
- Manage execution of digital marketing programs with retailer and track ROI
- Manage and maintain internal seasonal side by side trackers and calendars for activations, promotions, exposures in store and online
- Measure/manage/report ROI for instore/online marketing opportunities
- Partner with planning, marketing and operations team on product forecasting, allocation & stock issues
- Manage 1 direct report, defining work goals and personal development plan as well as providing ongoing feedback
Experience & Skills:
- 6-8 years of experience in sales/trade marketing role with a beauty brand, color experience preferred
- Experience managing brand relationship with Ulta Beauty highly preferred
- BA/BS required or equivalent related work experience
- In-depth knowledge of beauty industry and understanding of the open sell environment (knowledge of Sephora, Ulta etc is required)
- Proficiency with forecasting, inventory management, sales analysis, budget management, merchandising, digital marketing and marketing activation
- Strong relationship building and management skills, and strong negotiation skills
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively with key internal and external cross-functional partners
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task, manage high volume of deadlines
- Self-motivated, self-directed, passionate, positive, can-do attitude
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment, passionate about cosmetics
- Travel required 25-30% (as needed for retailer meetings and events)
Salary range: $105,000-130,000 (compensation will depend on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill level, relevant work experience & education)